Rangeland News is the e-newsletter of the Society for Range Management.
Ken Fulgham, SRM Director
I would like to report that SRM has turned the corner!!! The current Board of Officers and Directors has seen the transition over the past three years of my directorship to really tackle some major operational and financial issues that have been around for some time. I am convinced that the current and upcoming SRM leadership will continue this good work. I urge each of you to review the Board Minutes posted on the Members’ side of the SRM Webpage so you can see what the Board has accomplished.
President's Report and Election Results
SRM President, Jenny Pluhar
Results are in! I’d like to welcome newly elected 2nd Vice President Larry Howery and Directors Roy Roath and Jim Dobrowolski to the leadership team of SRM; and thank Rick Orr, Pete Deal and Tim Ford for their willingness to serve as well. Big thanks to the committee who gathered in Denver to tally the votes: John Mitchell (Chair), Craig Whittekiend, Larry Rittenhouse, Dave Kathman, Chuck Quimby and Doug Powell.
Trail Boss Recipes
Each month a new recipe is featured from SRM's Trail Boss Cookbook.
Rangeland Photo Quiz
Check out the answers to the last photo quiz and take a shot at identifying this month's photo in question.
Other items regularly featured in Rangeland News:
Other information in this edition:
- 2015 Annual Meeting News
- SRM Member Login Issues
- Travel Scholarships from the Young Professionals Conclave
- Nominations for Society for Range Management Officers Sought
- Student Chapters: Register for Booth at National Conference
- Student Workshop on Ecological Sites: Concepts and Applications
- Nearly 1,300 High School Students Participate in Nebraska Range Judging
- Ecology and Management of Grazing: An Online Course
- Masonic Range Science Scholarship, Apply Today